Film and Photo Shootings
Breteuil, an exceptional setting
Château de Breteuil and its stunning Gardens and Parkland have been used as a location for many exciting feature films and photo shootings for more than 40 years..The Chateau’s impressive architecture and incredible scenery provides a stunning setting for filming, from classic period dramas to modern feature films.
Our experienced team will work closely with you. Any special requirements you have, we will do our very best to help you in every way.”Breteuil: an attractive feature for success with your project”.
All the rooms of the castle are at your disposal.
- On the ground floor: 6 Salons (drawing-rooms) from 50 to 100 m².
Height of the ceilings: 4 to 5.5 m
- On the first floor: Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Library, Smoking Room.
- In the basement: the old Kitchens
- Numerous outbuildings: Stables, Medieval Dovecote, 170 m² Orangery.
- Park land: 300 acres
- French style Gardens, English style Gardens listed are ‘Remarkable Gardens’
- Undergrowth with several hundred years old trees
- Water Mirror, ponds
For further information or to reserve your shooting or shooting days, please contact the administration of the domain.
Fanny Mourès or Jean-Emmanuel Charrault
Breteuil is situated 35 km from Paris and 20 km from Versailles
- Shooting buildings (castle, houses, Orangery, Stables): 5,000 € per day.
- Shooting Park and Gardens: € 2,600 per day.
- Compensation for occupation by designers and technicians before and after the shooting : 2,500 € per day.
- per day: 2,600 €
- per half-day: 1,800 €
A deposit will be made when booking.
The above rates are valide for shooting from 8am to 8 pm. For extra hours, you will have to pay a supplement.There are no half-day rentals for the cinema.
The owner has the right to remove furniture and ornaments. In case some furniture was left at the disposal of the film producer, the owner could ask to draw up an inventory, both descriptive and photographic, of all the furniture.
The producer must take out insurance against fire and damage that could occur during shooting.
The producer must pay compensation for set inspection during the shooting and for restoration of the site to its original state.
4,600 € for a film ; paid back at the end of the shooting.
The producer will do his best to have the Château de Breteuil, Chevreuse Valley, in the films closing credits.