01 30 52 05 11 normal price
The English-style Garden is listed as 'Remarkable Garden' by the French Ministry of Culture. It is called the Princes' Garden, to celebrate the friendship between the Breteuil family and the British Royal family. On March 12, 1881, Henri de Breteuil organized a secret meeting with future King Edward VII and Gambetta, President of the Chamber of Deputies. This constituted the beginnings of the Entente Cordiale. Furthermore, in 1912, another Prince of Wales, the future Duke of Windsor, stayed with the Breteuil family for four months to learn French.
Séverine de Breteuil restored the Princes' Garden in 1991, under supervision of landscape designer René Péchère and architect Jean-Claude Rochette, with support from the Agence des Espaces Verts of the Ile-de-France (Agency for Green Open Spaces in the Paris Region).
This space includes perennial plants, tree peonies, collector's Japanese cherry trees and shrubs of all kinds, all organized around the restored former watering pond and along a pergola covered in roses in the spring season.